tricky(?) win32com question - Mark Hammond or other experts please.

cfriedalek

OK, I've asked this earlier this week with no response. Since then I've
also received a suggestion from the app developers but that failed with
the same type error problem. Hopefully Mark Hammond or other experts
can offer a suggestion as to how to get around this problem. I'm
foolish enough to think that a solution can be found. Or can someone
suggest how to pm Mark.

---------------------------

I'm using pywin32com to drive a 3rd party app. The app has a VBS based
API. In VBS a specific query for data goes like this:

Plot.QueryBegin datacode, Nothing

where datacode is a number and Nothing is a VBS type/keyword

The nominal python equivalent doesn't work. Plot.QueryBegin(datacode,
None) gives a type mismatch error as follows: com_error: (-2147352571,
'Type mismatch.', None, 2)
From what I've been able to discover Nothing is not a null, 0, False,
""

Table 12.2 of
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythonwin32/chapter/ch12.html does not
mention Nothing in its list of Variant types.

Please, any clues about how to handle this (apart from running the
query in VBS). I so much more prefer python.

John Machin

OK, I've asked this earlier this week with no response. Since then I've
also received a suggestion from the app developers but that failed with
the same type error problem. Hopefully Mark Hammond or other experts
can offer a suggestion as to how to get around this problem. I'm
foolish enough to think that a solution can be found. Or can someone
suggest how to pm Mark.

What is "pm"? You could email him directly, or ask your question on the
pywin32 mailing list, or raise a bug/feature request on sourceforge --
he not only reads those, he actions them :)
---------------------------

I'm using pywin32com to drive a 3rd party app. The app has a VBS based
API. In VBS a specific query for data goes like this:

Plot.QueryBegin datacode, Nothing

where datacode is a number and Nothing is a VBS type/keyword

The nominal python equivalent doesn't work. Plot.QueryBegin(datacode,
None) gives a type mismatch error as follows: com_error: (-2147352571,
'Type mismatch.', None, 2)

""

Have you tried
Plot.QueryBegin(datacode)
?

Cheers,
None

Roger Upole

(e-mail address removed) wrote
[...]

Try either pythoncom.Missing, pythoncom.Empty, or pythoncom.ArgNotFound.

Roger