Tricky XSLT for-each conditional problem.

Reaction score
Here's a snippet of my xml data:
Code:
<Transactions>
  <Transaction>
    <FundTransaction>
      <tsmf_fund><fund_id>1</fund_id></tsmf_fund>
      <!--data I need->
    </FundTransaction>
    <FundTransaction>
      <tsmf_fund><fund_id>2</fund_id></tsmf_fund>
      <!--data I need-->
    </FundTransaction>
  </Transaction>
  <Transaction>
    <FundTransaction>
      <tsmf_fund><fund_id>1</fund_id></tsmf_fund>
      <!--data I need-->
    </FundTransaction>
  </Transaction>
</Transactions>
<StaticData>
  <tsmf_fund>
    <fund_id>1</fund_id>
  </tsmf_fund>
  <tsmf_fund>
    <fund_id>2</fund_id>
  </tsmf_fund>
  <tsmf_fund>
    <fund_id>3</fund_id>
  </tsmf_fund>
</StaticData>

Basically I want up to three (in this case only) iterations of a loop, one for each node "tsmf_fund" in //StaticData. I say up to three because I only want to do the loop iteration if the fund_id is actually used somewhere in //Transactions. In this example I don't want the iteration of the loop for fund_id = 3 because it is not used.

This is what i've tried so far, all not returning any results.
Code:
<xsl:for-each select="//StaticData/tsmf_fund[count(//Transaction/FundTransaction[tsmf_fund/fund_id = current()/fund_id]) &gt; 0]">
<xsl:for-each select="//StaticData/tsmf_fund[//Transaction/FundTransaction[tsmf_fund/fund_id = current()/fund_id]]">
<xsl:for-each select="//StaticData/tsmf_fund[//Transaction/FundTransaction/tsmf_fund/fund_id = current()/fund_id]">
<xsl:for-each select="//StaticData/tsmf_fund[//FundTransaction/tsmf_fund/fund_id = current()/fund_id]">
<xsl:for-each select="//StaticData/tsmf_fund[//FundTransaction/[tsmf_fund/fund_id = current()/fund_id]]">

More specifically, the condition is: there exists a node "Transaction" in //Transactions/ which contains a node "FundTransaction" which has /tsmf_fund/fund_id equal to the fund_id in the iteration of the //StaticData loop.

Anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Ask a Question