tried 'padding' and 'margin' but do not seem to work

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Sharon Lee, Dec 30, 2003.

  1. Sharon Lee

    Sharon Lee Guest

    I am having trouble with some formatting I need the text in a table to
    be flush with the top and bottom of the cells but I cannot seem to get
    it any closer than the default setting.

    I am using CSS and have tried setting the td value with padding: 0
    (and listed them individually) and margin: 0 (and listed them
    individually) but nothing changes.

    my code loops through the following code and loads:

    a table,
    a row, a cell with an <a> link and text
    a row with a cell with some text
    a row with a cell an <a> link and text
    closes table

    Has anyone got any suggestions about the sort of things that I could
    look at that might solve this problem?

    Can an <a> link have a padding value?

    (this might seem a small problem but it is a big problem for me)

    Thanks and Happy New Year

    Sharon Lee, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Sharon Lee

    Jay Guest

    "Sharon Lee" <> wrote in message
    > I am having trouble with some formatting I need the text in a table to
    > be flush with the top and bottom of the cells but I cannot seem to get
    > it any closer than the default setting.

    Is this what you're looking for?

    - J

    Jay, Dec 30, 2003

  3. Sharon Lee

    Sharon Lee Guest

    On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:01:17 GMT, "Jay" <> wrote:

    >"Sharon Lee" <> wrote in message
    >> I am having trouble with some formatting I need the text in a table to
    >> be flush with the top and bottom of the cells but I cannot seem to get
    >> it any closer than the default setting.

    >Is this what you're looking for?

    >- J

    You got it Jay!