    Thanks in advance.

    --
    rmorvay
    rmorvay, May 16, 2004

  2. rmorvay

    notTold Guest

    How are you opening your second window?
    Are you doing a "window.open target=_blank"? or are you doing a
    "window.showModal[less]Dialog"?

    If you are using a dialog, then i would suggest the following
    (approximately):

    function popupMyDialog(... myArguments ...){
    var retval = window.showModalDialog(... args here ...);

    if(retval)
    __doPostBack('mySearchButton');
    }

    If you are using window.open to open the second window, then i do not have
    any idea how you would go about doing this.

    "rmorvay" <> wrote in message
    > I allow users to click a datagrid row and it spawns another browser page

    > allow edits to the data in that row. Once they update the data, it is
    > committed to the database and the form is closed. Once the edit page is
    > closed, I need to trigger the search button click event in order to

    refresh
    > the datagrid with the original search criteria. I cannot figure out how

    > trigger the Button1_ServerClick event of the main page from the called

    popup
    > page before I close the popup page. I tried to use a delegate but the
    > calling page is referenced via a hyperlink and I cannot trap the event

    that

    notTold, May 20, 2004