Trigger CommandName from DropDownList in GridView

Irfi

Alright, here’s what I want to do. I have a GridView with columns say EmployeeID, FirstName, LastName, and Department. Now, I want to add an additional column with the DropDownList. The list has the options of

Select
Edit
Delete ( I know how to do this one)

Now, if the user selects “Edit” or “Select”, I want that row to open up in a DetailsView either as read only or in editable mode depending on what the user selected.

I am able to call the select commandname using a linkbutton. However, how do I call it using a dropdownlist? Also, how do I call it directly in editable form in a DetailsView from the dropdownlist?

Thanks in advance for all the help and guidance.