trigger event on opener from popup when closing it or run opener script from popup

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Urs Gubler, Jul 2, 2003.

  1. Urs Gubler

    Urs Gubler Guest

    This seems to be a tricky one.

    I have a popup window where I fill in a value into a text box.
    This value must be passed to the opener. This is no problem.
    Matin Honnen gave me a solution for it like:

    opener.document.getElementById('Cell1').innerHTML = 'hello'
    for table cells or
    opener.document.getElementById('txtBox').Value = 'hello'
    for elements with a value property

    Thanks again for the help.

    However, my problem is, that I work with UltraWebGrid2 from
    Infragistics.
    To update a Cell in such a Grid you must call a client function which
    is only available in the Opener where the Grid is. If I just overwrite
    the <TD ID=gridrc1_1_1> 'mytext' </TD> it is not realized by the
    Infragistics
    Grid, internaly it keeps the old value.

    I see 2 possibiliteies to get accross this problem.

    1. I could start a script on the opener from the popup. This seems
    hardly possible.

    2. I could write the value using
    opener.document.getElementById('txtBox').value to a hidden field on
    the Opener where my Grid resides. Then I trigger an event
    on the opener when I close the popup. This event starts a script which
    reads the txtBox value. And calls the Infragistics Function to update
    the Cell in the Grid.

    What I need is any event or script fired on the opener when I close
    the popup or when I do anything else in the popup.

    Thanks a lot for any ideas, regards, Urs
    Urs Gubler, Jul 2, 2003