Triggering an EXE

Arun

My requirement is to trigger an exe in the client. Once I click a button it should trigger an exe in the client machine itself. Any way of achieving this?

Arun

solex

Client side JavaScript or VBScript.

Arun said:
My requirement is to trigger an exe in the client. Once I click a button
it should trigger an exe in the client machine itself. Any way of achieving
this?

Jon Mundsack

Arun said:
My requirement is to trigger an exe in the client. Once I click a button it should
trigger an exe in the client machine itself. Any way of achieving this?

Client-side scripting doesn't provide a mechanism for running execuables on
the client (and rightfully so, as this would be a huge security risk). The
closest thing to this would be to create an ActiveX control (for IE) or a
plugin (for Netscape) that runs the executable; however, you should know
that people's browser settings can prevent even these components from
running and you're back at square one. What does this executable do? Are
there other possible solutions?

HTH-Jon