    Arun

    -----------------------------
    This message is posted by http://Asp.ForumsZone.com

    Arun, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Arun

    solex Guest

    Client side JavaScript or VBScript.

    "Arun" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My requirement is to trigger an exe in the client. Once I click a button

    it should trigger an exe in the client machine itself. Any way of achieving
    this?

    solex, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Arun

    Jon Mundsack Guest

    "Arun" <> wrote in message
    > My requirement is to trigger an exe in the client. Once I click a button

    it should
    > trigger an exe in the client machine itself. Any way of achieving this?

    Client-side scripting doesn't provide a mechanism for running execuables on
    the client (and rightfully so, as this would be a huge security risk). The
    closest thing to this would be to create an ActiveX control (for IE) or a
    plugin (for Netscape) that runs the executable; however, you should know
    that people's browser settings can prevent even these components from
    running and you're back at square one. What does this executable do? Are
    there other possible solutions?

    HTH-Jon

    Jon Mundsack, Jul 25, 2003