    Any support will be appritiated.

    Warm Regards,
    Benny

    Benny, Oct 14, 2005

  2. Benny

    McKirahan Guest

    "Benny" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Dear All,
    >
    > I need to send a set of Emails from my application (reminders) each month
    > 1st. Is there anyway in ASP scripts to trigger an event to run
    > automatically? I have no dedicated server, so no DLLs or Scheduler scripts
    > can be used. Also adding the trigger script in the application object may
    > not send emails in time, as we have not enough visitors to that

    application.
    > Is there any way other than 'Clicking a Send button'?
    >
    > Any support will be appritiated.
    >
    > Warm Regards,
    > Benny

    Can you use your computer to schedule an ASP page monthly?

    I use Task Manager to execute an ASP page daily at 3:00 AM.

    McKirahan, Oct 14, 2005

  3. Benny

    Evertjan. Guest

    McKirahan wrote on 14 okt 2005 in

    > "Benny" <> wrote in message
    >> Dear All,
    >>
    >> I need to send a set of Emails from my application (reminders) each
    >> month 1st. Is there anyway in ASP scripts to trigger an event to run
    >> automatically? I have no dedicated server, so no DLLs or Scheduler
    >> scripts can be used. Also adding the trigger script in the
    >> application object may not send emails in time, as we have not enough
    >> visitors to that

    > application.
    >> Is there any way other than 'Clicking a Send button'?
    >>
    >> Any support will be appritiated.
    >>
    >> Warm Regards,
    >> Benny

    > Can you use your computer to schedule an ASP page monthly?
    >
    > I use Task Manager to execute an ASP page daily at 3:00 AM.

    Do you mean through the server's browser?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Oct 14, 2005
  4. Benny

    Benny Guest

    We can use add the event in Windows scheduler, which will launch the emall
    sending script.

    Mostly this would be done only if you have a dedicated server.
    Benny

    Benny, Oct 14, 2005
  5. Benny

    McKirahan Guest

    "Benny" <> wrote in message
    > We can use add the event in Windows scheduler, which will launch the emall
    > sending script.
    >
    > Mostly this would be done only if you have a dedicated server.
    > Benny

    What do your ASP pages run on if not a server?

    McKirahan, Oct 14, 2005
  6. Benny

    Steven Burn Guest

    I'm guessing he means he's using a third party host (can be a royal PITA in
    cases where you have special requirements such as scheduled scripts etc)

    Benny, your only option is to have a script or application running and
    scheduled on your home computer, to connect and run, the script on your
    server. However, because the URL would have to be in the public zone (i.e.
    htdocs), your going to have to find a more secure way of doing whatever it
    is your script is doing (should the URL ever become publicly known, your
    going to be looking at the possibility of abuse .... not to mention some
    seriously peeved mail recipients).

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Oct 14, 2005
  7. Benny

    Evertjan. Guest

    Steven Burn wrote on 14 okt 2005 in

    > I'm guessing he means he's using a third party host (can be a royal
    > PITA in cases where you have special requirements such as scheduled
    > scripts etc)
    >
    > Benny, your only option is to have a script or application running and
    > scheduled on your home computer, to connect and run, the script on
    > your server. However, because the URL would have to be in the public
    > zone (i.e. htdocs), your going to have to find a more secure way of
    > doing whatever it is your script is doing (should the URL ever become
    > publicly known, your going to be looking at the possibility of abuse
    > .... not to mention some seriously peeved mail recipients).

    Why couldn't the script run automaticly on the first visit to your
    /index.asp or on the first session_start after 3 o'clock in the morning?

    A second running can easily be made impossibe.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Oct 14, 2005
  8. Benny

    Steven Burn Guest

    It could do, but thats not entirely reliable .... (i.e. though unlikely,
    what happens if no-one visits the page for a couple days?)

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Oct 14, 2005
  9. Benny

    Evertjan. Guest

    Steven Burn wrote on 14 okt 2005 in
    > It could do, but thats not entirely reliable .... (i.e. though unlikely,
    > what happens if no-one visits the page for a couple days?)

    I have a visitors number of about 300 a day, so in my case that is
    unlikely.

    Sending a lot of emails from a site/an organisation no one visits and
    wanting to do that every day, smells to me like a tin of spam.

    However you could be the triggering visitor yourself in such a case.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Oct 14, 2005
  10. Benny

    Steven Burn Guest

    hehe, I know it's highly unlikely that there'd be no visitors.... twas just
    a sort of "just incase" type of thing ;o)

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Oct 14, 2005
  11. Benny

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Benny" wrote in message news:...
    : I need to send a set of Emails from my application (reminders) each month
    : 1st. Is there anyway in ASP scripts to trigger an event to run
    : automatically? I have no dedicated server, so no DLLs or Scheduler scripts
    : can be used. Also adding the trigger script in the application object may
    : not send emails in time, as we have not enough visitors to that
    application.
    : Is there any way other than 'Clicking a Send button'?
    :
    : Any support will be appritiated.

    I could do it but it will require having another computer on the Internet
    that you have complete control of that's always online. A desktop is fine.

    You could have a .vbs file run an HTTPRequest to an ASP page that sends the
    email. Since you have control, just add the .vbs file to the scheduler.
    Piece of pie. I like pie better than cake. (O:=

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */

    Roland Hall, Oct 17, 2005
  12. Benny

    Guest

    Benny wrote:
    > Dear All,
    >
    > I need to send a set of Emails from my application (reminders) each month
    > 1st. Is there anyway in ASP scripts to trigger an event to run
    > automatically? I have no dedicated server, so no DLLs or Scheduler scripts
    > can be used. Also adding the trigger script in the application object may
    > not send emails in time, as we have not enough visitors to that application.
    > Is there any way other than 'Clicking a Send button'?

    We send all of our automated emails from SQL server.

    , Oct 17, 2005
  13. please give me the complete code of the automatic triggering of emails
    in asp.net

    abhijeet sharma, Oct 18, 2005
  14. Benny

    Evertjan. Guest

    abhijeet sharma wrote on 18 okt 2005 in

    > please give me the complete code of the automatic triggering of emails
    > in asp.net

    1 this is not a payed helpdesk,
    so you would have to show the code you heve made sofar. But:

    2 without quoting we don't know where you are reacting on. But:

    3 this is a classic ASP only NG. For asp.net please ask a dotnet NG.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Oct 18, 2005