triggering SQLDATASOURCE insert or update command programatically?

Jason

Is there any way to initiate a sqldatasource insert from code in place
of the button with commandname=insert or insert?

I have a formview with a datasource with an insert command on a
button. When the button is selected the insert is performed.

Say I have another button on the form with no command syntax that calls
a some sub. Is there any way to call the same sqldatasource insert
function from code? in debug when I look at the onclick sub that I am
calling when the insert button is pressed, i see all the properties of
the button, like commandname=insert, but that sub is not the real deal
and is infact not even doing anything.

Thanks.

Jason

somebody else suggested that so I tried it, but when I do that for some
reason it does not see bound fields. I had two buttons up, one calling
a sub that did what you suggested and another with no code behind doing
commandname=insert and the only the later would work.