    P1-->P2-->P3-->P4

    What I want is when the user is viewing P4 and presses the back button he
    goes to P1 rather than P3.

    Ron Lautmann, Jun 11, 2004

  2. Ron Lautmann

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    as far as I know the only way to achieve this behavior is only by
    supplying your own navigation mechanism. I'll be happy to hear other
    options...

    Natty Gur[MVP]

    blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
    Mobile: +972-(0)52-8888377

    Natty Gur, Jun 11, 2004

    John Saunders, Jun 11, 2004
  4. "Ron Lautmann" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to remove items from the Back Button programatically? When

    > user gets to a certain page and presses the back button I want to bypass
    > some of the pages that he got to on the way to that page. For example, I
    > don't want the user to see the forms he posted before he got to this page.
    >
    > To illustrate, suppose the users sees these pages in sequence:
    >
    > P1-->P2-->P3-->P4
    >
    > What I want is when the user is viewing P4 and presses the back button he
    > goes to P1 rather than P3.

    Did I just send a blank response? Sorry if so.

    There's no good way to do this. What if the user is viewing P4 and enters P3
    into the browser's address bar? What if the user creates a new browser
    window and has that window go to P2 while the first one goes back to P3?

    This is one of the characteristics of a web application. Because you didn't
    create the program the user is using (the browser), you don't have complete
    control over what the user does with that program. The trick is to simply
    get over it and come up with another way of accomplishing what you need.
    --
    John Saunders
    johnwsaundersiii at hotmail

    John Saunders, Jun 11, 2004