Trouble compiling HelloWorld with vbc

Mister.programmer

Hi,

I can't compile anything with vbc, so i am asking for help please.

I have a file helloworld.aspx written in asp.net using vb, here it is:

<script runat="server" language="vb">
'=============================================================================
'=============================================================================
' HelloWorld.aspx
'=============================================================================
'=============================================================================

' =====================================================
' Begin
' =====================================================

Private Sub Page_Load()
' Print "Hello World !"
Response.write ("Hello World !")
End Sub
' =====================================================
' End
' =====================================================

</script>

Then i have a file compilehelloworld.bat, here it is:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\vbc.exe helloworld.aspx
/target:library /out:helloworld.dll /reference:System.dll > comp.log

The file helloworld.aspx works great when i don't compile it, but when
i execute compilehelloworld.bat, here is the result:

Microsoft (R) Visual Basic .NET Compiler version 7.10.3052.4
for Microsoft (R) .NET Framework version 1.1.4322.573
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1987-2002. All rights reserved.

D:\dev\jct\source\helloworld.aspx(1) : error BC30636: '>' expected.

<script runat="server" language="vb">
~~~~~
D:\dev\jct\source\helloworld.aspx(13) : error BC30001: Statement is
not valid in a namespace.

Private Sub Page_Load()
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D:\dev\jct\source\helloworld.aspx(21) : error BC30203: Identifier
expected.

</script>
~

Can anyone tell me what is wrong ? Thanks.

Patrice

You should use "code behind" if you do this. For now you can't compile ASPX
page, they are compiled on the fly and are pre-processed before compilation
(for example <script> is not part of the VB.NET language).

Patrice

mister.mwa

Patrice said:
You should use "code behind" if you do this. For now you can't compile ASPX
page, they are compiled on the fly and are pre-processed before compilation
(for example <script> is not part of the VB.NET language).

Patrice

Thank you for this information. Could you give me the equivalent in
"code behind" for this helloworld.aspx and compilehelloworld.bat ?

Thanks.