Trouble installing Eclipse Europa 3.3 on Win. XP

Discussion in 'Java' started by Lloyd Dube, Mar 19, 2008.

  1. Lloyd Dube

    Lloyd Dube Guest

    Hi folks,

    I downloaded the latest Eclipse distro as well as the Sun JDK6. After
    installing the JDK (which should also install the JRE), i double-
    clicked the Eclipse executable and got an error like - "The Eclipse
    executable could not find its companion shared library".

    Things i tried:
    - manually setting the PATH variables for both the Eclipse folder and
    the JDK6 folder on my system,
    - trying to execute Eclipse from the JDK6 and Eclipse sub-folders

    Still no luck. Would a kind soul enlighten me?

    Thanks,

    Lloyd Dube

    Lloyd Dube, Mar 19, 2008