Trouble running 'rubyscript2exe' for compiling my code

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Idealone Ideally, Sep 23, 2008.

  1. All,
    I am getting the following error while to execute the
    rubyscript2exe :
    have the following on my system:
    1)ruby
    2)gem installed rubyscript2exe
    Have i missed out on anything else?

    I get the below mentioned error while running the following command :
    command:- D:\ruby rubyscript2exe test.rb

    D:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/remote_fetcher.rb:19:
    uninitialized constant Gem::Excep
    tion (NameError)
    from
    D:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/spec_fetcher.rb:4:in `require'
    from D:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/spec_fetcher.rb:4
    from
    D:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/source_index.rb:10:in `require'
    from D:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/source_index.rb:10
    from D:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:767:in `require'
    from D:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:767
    from D:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/exceptions.rb:1:in
    `require'
    from D:/RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/exceptions.rb:1
    Couldn't execute this command (rc=256):

    Cheers
    shekar

    Idealone Ideally, Sep 23, 2008

  2. Erik Veenstra, Sep 23, 2008

  3. Re: Trouble running 'rubyscript2exe' for compiling my code

    Erik Veenstra wrote:
    >> I am getting the following error while to execute the
    >> rubyscript2exe: have the following on my system:
    >>
    >> 1)ruby
    >> 2)gem installed rubyscript2exe
    >>
    >> Have i missed out on anything else?

    > Yep. You missed a couple of threads where this issue has been
    > discussed before... :}
    >
    > This one, for example:
    > https://groups.google.com/group/ruby-talk-google/browse_frm/thread/f922ec9ef52af7e4?tvc=1
    >
    > gegroet,
    > Erik V. - http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/

    Thanks for your timely Reply, I went through some of those threads which
    discussed about the similar issue to mine.
    I still face the same issue, as there is no proper final fix explained,
    it only talks about workarounds involved which isn't working for me.
    "unset RUBYOPT" doesn't work for me, which was mentioned as one of the
    workarounds..as i get this error
    "'unset' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file."

    Hope I find it working ASAP :)

    Cheers

    Idealone Ideally, Sep 23, 2008
  4. Re: Trouble running 'rubyscript2exe' for compiling my code

    > "unset RUBYOPT" doesn't work for me, which was mentioned as one of the
    > workarounds..as i get this error

    Does unsetting RUBYOPT work, even if "unset RUBYOPT" doens't work?
    Maybe something like "set RUYBOPT="? Just guessing. I can't check,
    since there's no Windows machine around.

    gegroet,
    Erik V.

    Erik Veenstra, Sep 24, 2008
  5. Re: Trouble running 'rubyscript2exe' for compiling my code

    Erik Veenstra wrote:
    >> "unset RUBYOPT" doesn't work for me, which was mentioned as one of the
    >> workarounds..as i get this error

    > Does unsetting RUBYOPT work, even if "unset RUBYOPT" doens't work?
    > Maybe something like "set RUYBOPT="? Just guessing. I can't check,
    > since there's no Windows machine around.
    >
    > gegroet,
    > Erik V.

    Thanks Erik, I was able to successfully run rubyscript2exe with a sample
    ruby program, it works great!!
    Now the real test comes for me, as i am using Selenium Automation tool &
    bunch of ruby scripts for my Test Automation,
    I tried building it, it looks like selenium server, and other dependent
    files are not getting bundled into the package!!
    Any idea on this...if anyone has worked on the similar lines..
    Whether it's feasible to do something like this!!

    Cheers
    Shekar

    Idealone Ideally, Sep 24, 2008