trouble running the FopServlet.java example

Neil Sahar

Hi All,

I'm having trouble running the FopServlet.java example supplied with
fop-0.20.5.

When I compile it under JDeveloper 9.0.3 I get the Warning "method
getParser() in class org.apache.fop.apps.XSLTInputHandler has been
deprecated".
If I then try to run it I get a "java.lang.NullPointerException",
oracle.xml.jaxp.JXTransformer.reportXSLException(oracle.xml.parser.v2.XSLException)
JXTransformer.java:762

I imagine I need to replace the getParser() with the new method, but
I'm not sure which one I'm suppose to use.

Can any give me an updated version of the code or an idea as to how
fix it.
I new to all this and hope the question is not wasting anyone's time.

Thanks in advance,

Neil Sahar

dagreat

I found this very helpful... to take it a step further, you can force
Java to use the apache transformer factory by setting the system
property...

System.setProperty("javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory","org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl");