Trouble setting the web.config to use my class

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mek, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Mek

    Mek Guest

    Hey Everyone,
    I am building a store application that is on an unsecured
    server. We got one
    of those shared certificates that takes you from (ex.
    http://www.mydomain.net to
    https://www.theirdomain.com/secured/myusername)
    The trouble with that is that with dot net I loose the
    session. I'm trying
    to take the user's id which is stored in the
    User.Identity.Name property,
    encrypt it and put it in the querystring. I want to use
    the IHttpModule to
    detect when they are going from a secured page to an
    unsecured page(which
    has a different domain but the same application.) How
    ever when I run the
    app I get this error:

    Server Error in '/' Application.
    ------------------
    ----

    Configuration Error
    configuration file
    required to service this request. Please review the
    specific error details

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type
    Stools.AuthSecure from assembly
    Stools.

    Source Error:

    Line 94: <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8"
    responseEncoding="utf-8"
    />
    Line 95: <httpModules>
    Line 96: <add name="AuthSecure"
    Line 97: type="Stools.AuthSecure, Stools" />
    Line 98: </httpModules>

    Source File: D:\STools\web.config Line: 96

    ------------------
    ----

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version:1.1.4322.510; ASP.NET
    Version:1.1.4322.510

    Any ideas I'm building this in VS.NET Stools is the name
    of the .DLL,
    Project and Top Level Class. I put it into ildasm and the
    AuthSecure class
    is under the Stools class. Thanks for any help.

    -Mek
    Mek, Jun 26, 2003