trouble shooting/debugging asp hang

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Miloud Kabsh, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. Miloud Kabsh

    Miloud Kabsh Guest

    Hi there,

    I have asp pages running from a hosting server. In there I open a bunch of
    connection to an access database.

    When we ported over to win2k3, the site started going down, or hanged (with
    no response).

    I am suspecting a set of possibilities: 1-we could have reached access max
    db connections, 2- we could have some leaking left-open connection that we
    are not closing 3- there might be some security restrictions on win2k3 that
    are blocking the site or it might be other reasons.

    My question is how to debug or troubleshoot this given that we don't own the
    hosting server (and we don't want to debug on it as well;). Are there some
    tools, or iis/asp options that we can use to trace down from where is
    comming the issue?

    any direction or idea would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

    thanks,
    -Kabsh

    Miloud Kabsh, Mar 4, 2004

  2. hanging? the only thing I know about hanging is with Norton antivirus'
    scrpit block and the FSO, and indefinate loops.
    Sure neither of these could eb the problem?

    Stu

    Stuart Palmer, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Miloud Kabsh

    Miloud Kabsh Guest

    Well, Sorry for not being clear. What I mean is the website becomes
    inaccessible. That is, when users type the web address, either they keep
    waiting forever with no response from server or the server is totally down.
    What I am asking for is some suggestions for ways to debug what the cause of
    the problem. As I stated bellow, I am suspecting many possible causes, but
    I don't have a clue how to debug that issue.

    Miloud Kabsh, Mar 6, 2004