Trouble w/ 'create table' sql on mx.ODBC

Greg Corradini

Hello,
Lately I've been using the mx.ODBC module to query Access (mdb) tables. For
the life of me, I can't get the 'create table' sql command to work. I use
this command in Oracle and I've seen other mx.ODBC users weave into their
scripts for Access. But I still can't get this simple test run below to work
(ignore the geoprocessor object for ArcGIS):

#Import Python Standard Library Modules
import win32com.client, sys, os, string, copy, glob
import mx.ODBC.Windows as odbc

# Create the Geoprocessor Object
gp = win32com.client.Dispatch("esriGeoprocessing.GpDispatch.1")
gp.overwriteoutput = 1

# Variables
tempspace = "C:\Documents and Settings\corr1gre\Desktop\Workspace\DBFs &
Shapefiles\TEST.mdb"
workspace = string.replace(tempspace,"\\","/")

#Conection to Access
driv = 'DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ='+workspace
conn = odbc.DriverConnect(driv)
curse = conn.cursor()

#Upload Tbl 1 as a List of Tuples
curse.execute('SELECT TISCODE,EXISTSIN,STATUS,NOTES from Mower_I')
x = curse.fetchall()

#Create New Table
curse.execute('Create table TEST (TISCODE Integer)')
curse.close()
conn.close()
del gp