Trouble while saving copy pasted Text from MS Word into JSP page. Saves with "?" chars in Oracle

Discussion in 'Java' started by Dhara, Oct 30, 2003.

  1. Dhara

    Dhara Guest

    HI!
    I am working on a java application and am having some issues while
    copy pasting text from word documents into oracle database from a jsp
    page. When characters like bullet format are copy pasted into the
    text area they are getting saved with "?" characters. When this text
    is emailed to users using SMTP host, the mails are going as an
    attachment instead of a text. This is because, I believe the SMTP
    host is treating the "?" as some spl characters. I also see the
    following msg in the email when it goes as an attachment:

    "This message uses a character set that is not supported by the
    Internet Service. To view the original message content, open the
    attached message. If the text doesn't display correctly, save the
    attachment to disk, and then open it using a viewer that can display
    the original character set.
    "

    I just need some help to filter MS Word format's like bullets in the
    copy pasted text before saving it to the database. Any help would be
    greatly appreciated

    Thanks,
    Radha

    Dhara, Oct 30, 2003

  2. Dhara

    nos Guest

    try pasting into notepad first then copy/paste from notepad

    nos, Oct 30, 2003