    the site is www.thekiwikitchen.co.uk

    cheers

    Glenn

    Glenn Coyle, Sep 30, 2006

  2. Glenn Coyle

    rwap Guest

    Glenn Coyle wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > i have an iframe which shows the background from the site, however in IE
    > 7 it shows the white background, is there any reason for this, it works
    > fine with firefox, is it CSS issue or just the way the browser works?
    >
    > the site is www.thekiwikitchen.co.uk
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > Glenn

    Hi Glenn,

    I think this is to do with your allowtransparency tag in the iframe
    statement - the website fails to do what you want under both IE 7 and
    Opera v7.

    However, the microsoft website suggests the correct format is:
    allowtransparency="true", not allowtransparency="yes" - suggest you try
    that and see if that overcomes the problem.

    Rich Mellor
    www.internetbusinessangels.com

    rwap, Sep 30, 2006

  3. Glenn Coyle

    Glenn Coyle Guest

    rwap wrote:
    > Glenn Coyle wrote:
    >
    >>Hi
    >>
    >>i have an iframe which shows the background from the site, however in IE
    >>7 it shows the white background, is there any reason for this, it works
    >>fine with firefox, is it CSS issue or just the way the browser works?
    >>
    >>the site is www.thekiwikitchen.co.uk
    >>
    >>cheers
    >>
    >>Glenn

    > Hi Glenn,
    >
    > I think this is to do with your allowtransparency tag in the iframe
    > statement - the website fails to do what you want under both IE 7 and
    > Opera v7.
    >
    > However, the microsoft website suggests the correct format is:
    > allowtransparency="true", not allowtransparency="yes" - suggest you try
    > that and see if that overcomes the problem.
    >
    > Rich Mellor
    > www.internetbusinessangels.com

    Hi Rich

    Thanks for your help, this is weired, i have just updated to IE7 and it
    works fine, however my client is still seeing the white background. Is
    it possible that MS updated IE7.

    this is frustrating.

    Cheers

    glenn

    Glenn Coyle, Oct 1, 2006
  4. Glenn Coyle

    BootNic Guest

    > Glenn Coyle <> wrote:
    > news: gSOTg.45006$
    > rwap wrote:
    >> Glenn Coyle wrote:
    >>
    >>> i have an iframe which shows the background from the site, however
    >>> in IE 7 it shows the white background, is there any reason for
    >>> this, it works fine with firefox, is it CSS issue or just the way
    >>> the browser works?
    >>>
    >>> the site is www.thekiwikitchen.co.uk

    >> I think this is to do with your allowtransparency tag in the iframe
    >> statement - the website fails to do what you want under both IE 7 and
    >> Opera v7.
    >>
    >> However, the microsoft website suggests the correct format is:
    >> allowtransparency="true", not allowtransparency="yes" - suggest you
    >> try that and see if that overcomes the problem.

    > Thanks for your help, this is weired, i have just updated to IE7 and
    > it works fine, however my client is still seeing the white
    > background. Is it possible that MS updated IE7.
    >
    > this is frustrating.

    I think the document in the iframe (home.php) needs to have a transparent
    background, but it seems to me a php include would be the way to go.

    --
    BootNic Sunday, October 01, 2006 10:16 AM

    Behind every successful woman...is a basket of dirty laundry.
    *Sally Poe*

    BootNic, Oct 1, 2006
  5. Glenn Coyle

    Glenn Coyle Guest

    BootNic wrote:
    >> Glenn Coyle <> wrote:
    >> news: gSOTg.45006$
    >> rwap wrote:

    >>> I think this is to do with your allowtransparency tag in the iframe
    >>> statement - the website fails to do what you want under both IE 7 and
    >>> Opera v7.
    >>>
    >>> However, the microsoft website suggests the correct format is:
    >>> allowtransparency="true", not allowtransparency="yes" - suggest you
    >>> try that and see if that overcomes the problem.

    >> Thanks for your help, this is weired, i have just updated to IE7 and
    >> it works fine, however my client is still seeing the white
    >> background. Is it possible that MS updated IE7.
    >>
    >> this is frustrating.

    > I think the document in the iframe (home.php) needs to have a transparent
    > background, but it seems to me a php include would be the way to go.

    sorry, im not sure how the php include would work in the iframe?

    could i create a transparent gif and add that to the document content file?

    Glenn Coyle, Oct 2, 2006
  6. Glenn Coyle

    rwap Guest

    <<cut>>

    > Hi Rich
    >
    > Thanks for your help, this is weired, i have just updated to IE7 and it
    > works fine, however my client is still seeing the white background. Is
    > it possible that MS updated IE7.
    >
    > this is frustrating.

    This does not work on release 7.0.5450.4 of IE v7, nor Opera v9.00
    which is what I have - what version do you have?

    Can you please try changing the allowtransparency setting to "true" -
    it is still "yes".
    At least if you are using microsoft nomenclature, that would be a good
    starting point.

    Rich
    www.internetbusinessangels.com
    www.playlotto.org.uk

    rwap, Oct 2, 2006
  7. Glenn Coyle

    BootNic Guest

    > Glenn Coyle <> wrote:
    > news: QT6Ug.49146$
    > BootNic wrote:
    >>> Glenn Coyle <> wrote:
    >>> news: gSOTg.45006$

    [snip]
    >>> Thanks for your help, this is weired, i have just updated to IE7 and
    >>> it works fine, however my client is still seeing the white
    >>> background. Is it possible that MS updated IE7.
    >>>
    >>> this is frustrating.

    >> I think the document in the iframe (home.php) needs to have a
    >> transparent background, but it seems to me a php include would be
    >> the way to go.
    >>

    > sorry, im not sure how the php include would work in the iframe?

    Replace the iframe

    <iframe width="590" height="390"
    allowtransparency="yes" src="home.php" frameborder=
    "0"></iframe>

    with

    <?php
    ob_start();
    include ("home.php");
    $buf = ob_get_contents();
    ob_end_clean();
    $buf = preg_split("/([<]body[^>]*>|<\/body>)/", $buf);
    print $buf[1];
    ?>

    If you remove everything except the body content of home.php and rename it home.txt
    you could use:

    <?php include("home.txt"); ?>

    inplace of the iframe.

    > could i create a transparent gif and add that to the document content
    > file?

    If you wish to keep the iframe, add background-color:transparent; to mainWindowText class.

    Since iframes are abused for adds, I have them disabled, I have to enable iframes to view them.
    I am not usually willing to enable them for sites that use them, how many others disable iframes
    I don't know.

    --
    BootNic Monday, October 02, 2006 5:22 PM

    "I've noticed that the press tends to be quite accurate, except when
    they're writing on a subject I know something about."
    *Keith F. Lynch*

    BootNic, Oct 2, 2006
  8. Glenn Coyle

    Glenn Coyle Guest

    rwap wrote:
    > <<cut>>
    >
    >>Hi Rich
    >>
    >>Thanks for your help, this is weired, i have just updated to IE7 and it
    >>works fine, however my client is still seeing the white background. Is
    >>it possible that MS updated IE7.
    >>
    >>this is frustrating.
    >>

    > This does not work on release 7.0.5450.4 of IE v7, nor Opera v9.00
    > which is what I have - what version do you have?
    >
    > Can you please try changing the allowtransparency setting to "true" -
    > it is still "yes".
    > At least if you are using microsoft nomenclature, that would be a good
    > starting point.
    >
    > Rich
    > www.internetbusinessangels.com
    > www.playlotto.org.uk

    hi rich,

    i have set teh allowtransperancy = 'true', have you completey refreshed
    youre browser?

    glenn

    Glenn Coyle, Oct 3, 2006
  9. Glenn Coyle

    rwap Guest

    Glenn Coyle wrote:
    > rwap wrote:
    > > <<cut>>
    > >
    > >>Hi Rich
    > >>
    > >>Thanks for your help, this is weired, i have just updated to IE7 and it
    > >>works fine, however my client is still seeing the white background. Is
    > >>it possible that MS updated IE7.
    > >>
    > >>this is frustrating.
    > >>

    > > This does not work on release 7.0.5450.4 of IE v7, nor Opera v9.00
    > > which is what I have - what version do you have?
    > >
    > > Can you please try changing the allowtransparency setting to "true" -
    > > it is still "yes".
    > > At least if you are using microsoft nomenclature, that would be a good
    > > starting point.
    > >
    > > Rich
    > > www.internetbusinessangels.com
    > > www.playlotto.org.uk
    > >

    > hi rich,
    >
    > i have set teh allowtransperancy = 'true', have you completey refreshed
    > youre browser?
    >
    > glenn

    Alas for some reason no matter how I clear the cache it does not show
    allowtransperancy = 'true' in Firefox, IE v7 or Opera - are you sure
    you have uploaded the correct version to your site?? I have tried CTRL
    F5 to force a full refresh.

    Maybe this is why your customer still gets the white background.

    There is also a nice little tool at http://browsershots.org/ which
    should show how your page appears in various browsers

    Rich
    www.internetbusinessangels.com

    rwap, Oct 3, 2006