trouble with IE 7

Glenn Coyle

Hi

i have an iframe which shows the background from the site, however in IE
7 it shows the white background, is there any reason for this, it works
fine with firefox, is it CSS issue or just the way the browser works?

the site is www.thekiwikitchen.co.uk

cheers

Glenn

rwap

Glenn said:
Hi

i have an iframe which shows the background from the site, however in IE
7 it shows the white background, is there any reason for this, it works
fine with firefox, is it CSS issue or just the way the browser works?

the site is www.thekiwikitchen.co.uk

cheers

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

I think this is to do with your allowtransparency tag in the iframe
statement - the website fails to do what you want under both IE 7 and
Opera v7.

However, the microsoft website suggests the correct format is:
allowtransparency="true", not allowtransparency="yes" - suggest you try
that and see if that overcomes the problem.

Rich Mellor
www.internetbusinessangels.com

Glenn Coyle

rwap said:
Hi Glenn,

I think this is to do with your allowtransparency tag in the iframe
statement - the website fails to do what you want under both IE 7 and
Opera v7.

However, the microsoft website suggests the correct format is:
allowtransparency="true", not allowtransparency="yes" - suggest you try
that and see if that overcomes the problem.

Rich Mellor
www.internetbusinessangels.com

Hi Rich

Thanks for your help, this is weired, i have just updated to IE7 and it
works fine, however my client is still seeing the white background. Is
it possible that MS updated IE7.

this is frustrating.

Cheers

glenn

BootNic

Glenn Coyle said:
[email protected]

Thanks for your help, this is weired, i have just updated to IE7 and
it works fine, however my client is still seeing the white
background. Is it possible that MS updated IE7.

this is frustrating.

I think the document in the iframe (home.php) needs to have a transparent
background, but it seems to me a php include would be the way to go.

Glenn Coyle

BootNic said:
I think the document in the iframe (home.php) needs to have a transparent
background, but it seems to me a php include would be the way to go.
sorry, im not sure how the php include would work in the iframe?

could i create a transparent gif and add that to the document content file?

rwap

Hi Rich

Thanks for your help, this is weired, i have just updated to IE7 and it
works fine, however my client is still seeing the white background. Is
it possible that MS updated IE7.

this is frustrating.

This does not work on release 7.0.5450.4 of IE v7, nor Opera v9.00
which is what I have - what version do you have?

Can you please try changing the allowtransparency setting to "true" -
it is still "yes".
At least if you are using microsoft nomenclature, that would be a good
starting point.

Rich
www.internetbusinessangels.com
www.playlotto.org.uk

BootNic

Glenn Coyle said:
[email protected]
BootNic said:
[email protected]

the site is www.thekiwikitchen.co.uk [snip]
Thanks for your help, this is weired, i have just updated to IE7 and
it works fine, however my client is still seeing the white
background. Is it possible that MS updated IE7.

this is frustrating.

I think the document in the iframe (home.php) needs to have a
transparent background, but it seems to me a php include would be
the way to go.
sorry, im not sure how the php include would work in the iframe?

Replace the iframe

<iframe width="590" height="390"
allowtransparency="yes" src="home.php" frameborder=
"0"></iframe>

with

<?php
ob_start();
include ("home.php");
$buf = ob_get_contents();
ob_end_clean();
$buf = preg_split("/([<]body[^>]*>|<\/body>)/", $buf);
print $buf[1];
?>

If you remove everything except the body content of home.php and rename it home.txt
you could use:

<?php include("home.txt"); ?>

inplace of the iframe.
could i create a transparent gif and add that to the document content
file?

If you wish to keep the iframe, add background-color:transparent; to mainWindowText class.

Since iframes are abused for adds, I have them disabled, I have to enable iframes to view them.
I am not usually willing to enable them for sites that use them, how many others disable iframes
I don't know.

--
BootNic Monday, October 02, 2006 5:22 PM

"I've noticed that the press tends to be quite accurate, except when
they're writing on a subject I know something about."
*Keith F. Lynch*

Glenn Coyle

rwap said:
This does not work on release 7.0.5450.4 of IE v7, nor Opera v9.00
which is what I have - what version do you have?

Can you please try changing the allowtransparency setting to "true" -
it is still "yes".
At least if you are using microsoft nomenclature, that would be a good
starting point.

Rich
www.internetbusinessangels.com
www.playlotto.org.uk

hi rich,

i have set teh allowtransperancy = 'true', have you completey refreshed
youre browser?

glenn

rwap

Glenn said:
hi rich,

i have set teh allowtransperancy = 'true', have you completey refreshed
youre browser?

glenn

Alas for some reason no matter how I clear the cache it does not show
allowtransperancy = 'true' in Firefox, IE v7 or Opera - are you sure
you have uploaded the correct version to your site?? I have tried CTRL
F5 to force a full refresh.

Maybe this is why your customer still gets the white background.

There is also a nice little tool at http://browsershots.org/ which
should show how your page appears in various browsers

Rich
www.internetbusinessangels.com