Trouble with office Sharepoint 2007 and dotnet 2003

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by apondu, May 30, 2007.

  1. apondu

    apondu Guest

    hi,

    I am new to Sharepoint Server. I was just trying to install sharepoint
    server and work with it. I wanted to access the sharepoint server
    services with dotnet and work with it. I just installed the hsarepoint
    server on my system. Now i am in all sorts of trouble. I am now not
    able to create any web service in ODtnet. When i try to create it pops
    upa message box and i don't know wht to do.

    the message is :

    The default web access mode for this project is to file share, but the
    project folder at http://localhost/servicename cann't be
    opened with the path.

    c:\Inetpub\wwwroor\wss\virtualdirectories\80\servcename

    Unable to create web project 'servicename' the file path c:\Inetpub
    \wwwroor\wss\virtualdirectories\80\servcename doesnot coeerspond to
    the url http://localhost/servicename. The two needed to map to
    the same sever location. HTTP error found.

    What would u like to do?

    - Retry using a different file share path :

    Location : c:\Inetpub\wwwroor\wss\virtualdirectories
    \80\servcename

    - Try to open the project with front page server extension

    - workoffline

    this is message that is poped.

    I am not able to understand what it is trying to say.

    If any one can please try to help me out and make me understand wht it
    means and give a solution to work with this.

    I am using office sharepoint 2007 and dotnet 2003

    If anyone out here know the solution please help me.

    Thanks for the help.

    Regards,
    Govardhan.
    apondu, May 30, 2007

  2. Couple ways to fix this, reconfigure sharepoint to use a different port. Do
    this from a re-install.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney