Trouble with sitemap and roles in ASP2

chris.rust

Has anyone else had any trouble setting up a sitemap view to be
filtered by roles?

We've put a cust role provider in place, and we can verify that it's
only being called once for each connection, and is returning the
correct roles, but...

When we specify a role on the top sitemapnode that role seems to add to
the roles on lower level nodes, so we end up needing to put roles="*"
on the top node, but then regardless of which role we put against the
subnodes they're all visible - seemingly inheriting this from the top
one.

Examples

<sitemapnode>
....contents
</sitemapnode>

Causes nothing to be displayed (since we have trimming on, and there is
no role listed)

<sitemapnode roles="*">
<sitemapnode roles="Users"/>
</sitemapnode>

Causes the inner node to be seen regardless of whether the user
connecting has a Users role or not

Any help/suggestions would be welcome

S. Justin Gengo [MCP]

I have the sitemap nodes working just fine...

Here's my sitemap file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<siteMap xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/AspNet/SiteMap-File-1.0">
<siteMapNode url="default.aspx" title="Home" description="Return to the home
page." roles="*">
<siteMapNode title="Admin" roles="Admin">
<siteMapNode url="~/Admin/Inventory.aspx" title="Inventory"
description="Add, edit, and delete inventory." roles="Admin" />
<siteMapNode url="~/Admin/AuctionManagement.aspx" title="Auction Management"
description="Create, edit, and assign inventory." roles="Admin" />
</siteMapNode>
</siteMapNode>
</siteMap>

And here's the settings in web.config:

<!--
The <authentication> section enables configuration
of the security authentication mode used by
ASP.NET to identify an incoming user.
-->
<roleManager enabled="true"/>
<authentication mode="Forms"/>
<membership defaultProvider="MySqlMembershipProvider">
<providers>
<clear/>
<add name="MySqlMembershipProvider" connectionStringName="MyLocalSQLServer"
applicationName="MyAppName" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider,
System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
</providers>
</membership>
<siteMap defaultProvider="XmlSiteMapProvider" enabled="true">
<providers>
<add name="XmlSiteMapProvider" description="Default SiteMap provider."
type="System.Web.XmlSiteMapProvider " siteMapFile="Web.sitemap"
securityTrimmingEnabled="true"/>
</providers>
</siteMap>

--