Trouble with sitemap and roles in ASP2

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by chris.rust@microfocus.com, Jan 12, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Has anyone else had any trouble setting up a sitemap view to be
    filtered by roles?

    We've put a cust role provider in place, and we can verify that it's
    only being called once for each connection, and is returning the
    correct roles, but...

    When we specify a role on the top sitemapnode that role seems to add to
    the roles on lower level nodes, so we end up needing to put roles="*"
    on the top node, but then regardless of which role we put against the
    subnodes they're all visible - seemingly inheriting this from the top
    one.

    Examples

    <sitemapnode>
    ....contents
    </sitemapnode>

    Causes nothing to be displayed (since we have trimming on, and there is
    no role listed)

    <sitemapnode roles="*">
    <sitemapnode roles="Users"/>
    </sitemapnode>

    Causes the inner node to be seen regardless of whether the user
    connecting has a Users role or not

    Any help/suggestions would be welcome

    , Jan 12, 2006

  2. I have the sitemap nodes working just fine...

    Here's my sitemap file:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <siteMap xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/AspNet/SiteMap-File-1.0">
    <siteMapNode url="default.aspx" title="Home" description="Return to the home
    page." roles="*">
    <siteMapNode title="Admin" roles="Admin">
    <siteMapNode url="~/Admin/Inventory.aspx" title="Inventory"
    description="Add, edit, and delete inventory." roles="Admin" />
    <siteMapNode url="~/Admin/AuctionManagement.aspx" title="Auction Management"
    description="Create, edit, and assign inventory." roles="Admin" />
    </siteMapNode>
    </siteMapNode>
    </siteMap>

    And here's the settings in web.config:

    <!--
    The <authentication> section enables configuration
    of the security authentication mode used by
    ASP.NET to identify an incoming user.
    -->
    <roleManager enabled="true"/>
    <authentication mode="Forms"/>
    <membership defaultProvider="MySqlMembershipProvider">
    <providers>
    <clear/>
    <add name="MySqlMembershipProvider" connectionStringName="MyLocalSQLServer"
    applicationName="MyAppName" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider,
    System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    </providers>
    </membership>
    <siteMap defaultProvider="XmlSiteMapProvider" enabled="true">
    <providers>
    <add name="XmlSiteMapProvider" description="Default SiteMap provider."
    type="System.Web.XmlSiteMapProvider " siteMapFile="Web.sitemap"
    securityTrimmingEnabled="true"/>
    </providers>
    </siteMap>

    --