Trouble with sitemap and roles in ASP2

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by chris.rust@microfocus.com, Jan 12, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Has anyone else had any trouble setting up a sitemap view to be
    filtered by roles?

    We've put a cust role provider in place, and we can verify that it's
    only being called once for each connection, and is returning the
    correct roles, but...

    When we specify a role on the top sitemapnode that role seems to add to
    the roles on lower level nodes, so we end up needing to put roles="*"
    on the top node, but then regardless of which role we put against the
    subnodes they're all visible - seemingly inheriting this from the top
    one.

    Examples

    <sitemapnode>
    ....contents
    </sitemapnode>

    Causes nothing to be displayed (since we have trimming on, and there is
    no role listed)

    <sitemapnode roles="*">
    <sitemapnode roles="Users"/>
    </sitemapnode>

    Causes the inner node to be seen regardless of whether the user
    connecting has a Users role or not

    Any help/suggestions would be welcome

    , Jan 12, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Has anyone else had any trouble setting up a sitemap view to be
    > filtered by roles?

    Sounds like you need to be asking this question over at
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 12, 2006