trouble with trimmed sitemap

ChrisHarrington

The documentation says: "If a site navigation API member needs to traverse
the tree of site-map nodes, any site-map node that the user is not allowed
to see is excluded from the traversal. For example, when the ChildNodes
method runs, the collection of nodes is filtered to include only those nodes
that the user is allowed to see. In the case of API members that need to
keep track of node paths, such as the Clone or IsDescendantOf methods, the
paths end at restricted nodes. This can result in cloning operations
returning a reduced number of nodes. It can also result in the
IsDescendantOf method returning a value of false even though structurally a
node might actually be a descendant of the requested node."

But the behavior I see is that ChildNodes is returning all children and is
ignoring role-based trimming. Any ideas?