Trouble with UpdateParameters and GridView

Jeff

hi

asp.net 2.0

I have a GridView which when updating I get this error:
DataBinding: 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView' does not contain a
property with the name 'Type'.

Here is the UpdateParameter collection for this GridView:
<UpdateParameters>
<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="gvwPhoneType" Type="Int32"
PropertyName="Id" Name="Id" />
<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="gvwPhoneType" Type="Char"
PropertyName="Type" Name="Type" />
<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="gvwPhoneType" Type="string"
PropertyName="Desc" Name="Desc" />
</UpdateParameters>

This is the column definition:
<Columns>
<asp:BoundField HeaderText="Kode" DataField="Type" />
<asp:BoundField HeaderText="Beskrivelse" DataField="Desc" />
</Columns>

datasource is an ObjectDataSource

The point is that I'm trying to send in the values in the current row into
UpdateParameters and the UpdateMethod specified in UpdateMethod tag. But
somehow my code doesn't work

any suggestions?