Trouble with validator control ? Script not found

Infante - GIGA

Hi,
I have this problem: if I use the application (web application with html
forms) on the
development machine or locally on the production server everything works
fine
If I call the pages from a browser (e.g. IE6) from another pc, internal on
the
network or external from internet, I get the message:
"Unable to find script library
'/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js.'
Try placing the file manually, or reinstall by running aspnet_regiis -c"
The site is hosted on a Win 2003 SBS Server
I tried to execute aspnet_regiis both with -c parameter and also with
-i and -r -enable.
This happens only on the pages that uses a field validator.
I have also verified that the file (or better the directories) of apsnet
are already there and enabled both in application directory and in
the root directory of the IIS site.
The permissions of the file system seem correct
What can i look for ?

Thank in advance

Mario

CaffieneRush

Is the version of aspnet_regiis that you're running the correct
version?
Find out by executing "aspnet_regiis /?" on the command line.
You might multiple versions of the .NET framework installed on your
machine. Version 1.1.4322.0 should be appropriate for you.

Also, check whether you can access the
aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js file on the remote
machine's browser by typing in the url to that file. If you're using
firefox, you should see the contents of a javascript file displayed.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Infante,

welcome to the ASPNET newsgroup.

From your description, you're developing an ASP.NET web application(through
asp.net 1.x), there has some page use validation controls. You found the
pages work correctly when being accessed locally, but report some error on
the validaiton script file when being accessed remotely ,correct?

Based om my experience, there is still likely some problem on the script
file's accessing(download from server to client). I think we can check teh
following things first:

1. Try directly accessing the script file by type the script file's url in
the client browser(remote client) to see whether we can visit the file.

2. On the server machine, check the script files'
directory(/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/) in IIS manager to see
whether it has been granted read access.

3. The IIS log is also one useful resource we can use to detect any request
failure on the script files.

Please let me know if there is anything I missed or anything else we can
help.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your quick response Infante.

Glad that you have made it working though I also feel a bit strange that we
do not have to use full url path generally. What's the originally generated
path in your page which cause the error? Is it start from the IIS site root
like

"/aspnet_client/xxxxxx...." ?

Anyway, if you still find any problem or anything else we can help, please
feel free to post here.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support

CaffieneRush

Um, ASP.NET validation controls generates the following path to the
javascript validation functions.
<script language="javascript"
src="/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js"></script>

But you've installed yours at
<script language="javascript"
src="/wde/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js"></script>
Note: the /wde before the aspnet_client folder.

I wonder if you have turned on iis url redirection.