Trouble writing txt

bilgin arslan

Hello,
I am trying to write a list of words to into a text file as two
colons: word (tab) len(word)
such as

standart 8

I have no trouble writing the words but I couldn't write integers. I
always get strange characters, such as:

GUN
ãŠå¨€ä„€ä´€ä„€ä¸€à´€à¨€5COCUK
ãŠä¬€ä„€ä€ä¤€ä¸€à´€à¨€5EV
㜊夀䄀䴀䄀ഀ਀4YATSI
㔊娀䤀䰀䜀䤀å€à´€à¨€ï¿½

(the integers also seem to be incorrect)
I use the following form inside a loop to produce this
current = unicode(word)+" "+str(len(word))
ofile.write(current)

I know about struct and I tried to used it but somehow I always got a
blank character instead of an int.

import struct
format = "i"
data = struct.pack(format, 24)
print data

Any ideas?
I use macosx and eclipse. The code also uses unicode encoding

Jeff McNeil

[...]

I don't have a Mac in front of me, but I'll take a stab at it. You
shouldn't need to bother with the struct module if you're simply
trying to print out an integer's string value. What are you using to
open 'ofile?' Can you post all of the relevant code?