troubles with dropdownlist inside of datagrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by tfsmag@gmail.com, Jun 6, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I'm still relatively new to asp.net and i'm having troubles with a
    dropdownlist in a datagrid. Here is the code for the dropdownlist

    ---------------------------------
    <asp:DropDownList Runat="server"
    OnSelectedIndexChanged="ddlSelectionChanged" SelectedValue='<%#
    DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "ACTIVE")%>' ID="DropDown"
    AutoPostBack="True">
    <asp:ListItem Value="1">Enabled</asp:ListItem>
    <asp:ListItem Value="0">Disabled</asp:ListItem>
    <asp:ListItem Value="2">Deleted</asp:ListItem>
    </asp:DropDownList>
    ---------------------------------

    This renders fine, and the proper index is selected when the page comes
    up, the difficulty i'm having is capturing the row's unique id field to
    update the database when they select a new index and fire the
    "ddlSelectionChanged".

    Here is the codebehind code for the ddlSelectionChanged event

    ---------------------------
    Protected Sub ddlSelectionChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
    System.EventArgs) Handles DropDown.SelectedIndexChanged
    Dim ddl As DropDownList
    ddl = CType(sender, DropDownList)
    Dim user_id as integer = (??? this is where i can't figure out
    how to get the row id)
    End Sub

    The event does fire, I made sure of that by using a label and wrote
    something to the label at the end of the event.

    Any help here would be greatly appreciated as I am about ready to pull
    my hair out!

    Thanks,
    Jeff T.

    , Jun 6, 2005