True Excel like appearence apearence.....

Jimmy

I would like to make all the cells(fixed number of rows and columns) in the
grid as editable. so that user can enter data in any cells at anytime
without cliking the edit box or anything of that extra click. how to do that
?
thanks
Jimmy

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

might i suggest you look into the OWC available as a free download from
microsoft. it provides an excel clientside object. please read the licensing
agreement as well.

Barnabas Yohannes

Use a Template in your html

<asp:datagrid id="masterGrid" . . .OnItemCommand="MyInsert" . . .</asp:datagrid><FooterTemplate><asp:TextBox id="Name" Width="100%" Columns="1" Runat="Server"></asp:TextBox></FooterTemplate

Then you will need a VB or C# code do add. Here is a VB Code for "MyInsert" is

Sub MyInsert(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridCommandEventArgs

If e.CommandName = "Insert" The

Dim VName As Strin
Dim txtVName As TextBo