    ?
    thanks
    Jimmy

    Jimmy, Feb 22, 2004

  2. might i suggest you look into the OWC available as a free download from
    microsoft. it provides an excel clientside object. please read the licensing
    agreement as well.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
    "Jimmy" <> wrote in message
    > I would like to make all the cells(fixed number of rows and columns) in

    the
    > grid as editable. so that user can enter data in any cells at anytime
    > without cliking the edit box or anything of that extra click. how to do

    that

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Feb 22, 2004

  3. Use a Template in your html

    <asp:datagrid id="masterGrid" . . .OnItemCommand="MyInsert" . . .</asp:datagrid><FooterTemplate><asp:TextBox id="Name" Width="100%" Columns="1" Runat="Server"></asp:TextBox></FooterTemplate

    Then you will need a VB or C# code do add. Here is a VB Code for "MyInsert" is

    Sub MyInsert(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridCommandEventArgs

    If e.CommandName = "Insert" The

    Dim VName As Strin
    Dim txtVName As TextBo

    Barnabas Yohannes, Feb 23, 2004