    In case you're asking "Why bother finding anything related to MS
    VM?",
    I completely understand the question. Yet it's a legacy issue.

    G, Sep 22, 2008

  2. , 22.09.2008 16:42:
    > I'm looking for a JDBC driver SQLSrv 2K for the MS VM. And
    > instructions how to install it. As I understand its a dll file. How
    > do
    > I make sure the VM finds the driver? the usual classpath setting
    > seems
    > not to be the way to do it.
    > Anyone can help me find a download url for the driver and
    > instructions?
    > It would be most appreciated.
    > In case you're asking "Why bother finding anything related to MS
    > VM?",
    > I completely understand the question. Yet it's a legacy issue.

    I'm not sure at Java version the MS VM is. I think it was 1.2, right?

    Did you try the current MS JDBC driver (http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/jdbc) which is a 100% Java driver?
    But it could be that it requires Java 1.4

    You might try the older SQL Server 2000 driver, which seems to even support JDK 1.1.8
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...11-0502-461A-B138-2AA54BFDC03A&displaylang=en

    I usually download the "Unix version", because I then get an archive that I can simply unzip and don't need to run the dreaded MS setup procedure.

    You might also try out jTDS (jtds.sourceforge.net) which has always been a 100% pure Java driver.
    And you might get an older version from sourceforge that works with Java 1.2 as well.

    Thomas

    Thomas Kellerer, Sep 22, 2008

  3. G

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Thomas Kellerer wrote:
    > I'm not sure at Java version the MS VM is. I think it was 1.2, right?

    1.1.4 - a few things MS did not like + a few things MS did like.

    > You might try the older SQL Server 2000 driver, which seems to even
    > support JDK 1.1.8
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...11-0502-461A-B138-2AA54BFDC03A&displaylang=en

    If it runs with 1.1.8 then there is fair chance that it will work
    with old MS JVM.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Oct 12, 2008