Truncated namespace in a class library

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Paul, Nov 25, 2003.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Hi,
    I have a class library that I added to my web app root and when I try to
    use the .current portion of the System.Web.UI.HttpContext namespace, it
    does not exist and I get the error that it's not defined if I try to
    reference it in code.

    I did attach a reference to System.DLL. I have tried the Import command
    and nothing in the namespace tree exists past the .HttpContext level.
    If I type a period after .HttpContext, Intellisense is idle.

    Something about the class library makes this portion of the System
    namespace illegal, no? I've read a lot of posts about this and have not
    found out why it's illegal at times.

    With Imports System.Web.UI.Page the namespace ends at Page.

    Anybody know what I'm missing? I can work with it from my web app with
    Public Properties, so something must be right about it. I cannot read or
    write a session variable, though, and that is killer.

    Thanks for you help. ~P

    Paul, Nov 25, 2003

  2. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Sorry, I meant to type that I attached a reference to System.Web.DLL,
    not System.DLL.

    Paul, Nov 25, 2003