Trusted Site

T.

Hi,

Is there a way that I can add a url to the trusted site list on client
workstations?

This is for an internal web app, and there are some ActiveX objects that
would require it to be a trusted site.

Thanks.

Guest

You can probably does this with Active Directory with Windows 2000 or later.
If your pdc is winnt 4, you need to use some sort of batch script.

HTH

MikeL

Jeff Dillon

You can probably does this? Funny how on a language-specific message board,
English goes out the window.

Jeff

T.

So I guess this can't be done in the load of the page? Check to see if it's
a trusted site, if not add itself.
After writing that out I just realized that if that were possible, it would
be a bit of a security risk, no?

Since we're on NT4 (yes, we're a little behind), is scripting my only
option?

Thanks again.

Guest

T.,

Yes that would be a security risk, however it may be possible on the local
intranet. I would be weary of writing such a thing. Microsoft may release a
patch to stop it.

Scripting may not be your only option. I remember a tool for Internet
Explorer that updates Internet Explorer to regional settings. I am not sure
if this will work for later version of IE.

HTH MikeL

Ken Dopierala Jr.

Hi,

No, there is no way you can do this. It would totally negate security.
Talk to your IT department, if they are running a Windows Server then they
should have no problem setting it up so that your trusted domain is added to
everyone's list on your network automatically the next time they reboot.
The other way to do this is to create a program that the user downloads and
runs. Have this program set the trusted list. Good luck! Ken.