    This is for an internal web app, and there are some ActiveX objects that
    would require it to be a trusted site.

    Thanks.
    T., Nov 19, 2004

  2. You can probably does this with Active Directory with Windows 2000 or later.
    If your pdc is winnt 4, you need to use some sort of batch script.

    HTH

    MikeL

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZUw=?=, Nov 19, 2004

  3. T.

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    You can probably does this? Funny how on a language-specific message board,
    English goes out the window.

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Nov 19, 2004
  4. T.

    T. Guest

    So I guess this can't be done in the load of the page? Check to see if it's
    a trusted site, if not add itself.
    After writing that out I just realized that if that were possible, it would
    be a bit of a security risk, no?

    Since we're on NT4 (yes, we're a little behind), is scripting my only
    option?

    Thanks again.

    T., Nov 19, 2004
  5. Jeff, do not post if you do not have a suggestion for the user.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZUw=?=, Nov 19, 2004
  6. T.,

    Yes that would be a security risk, however it may be possible on the local
    intranet. I would be weary of writing such a thing. Microsoft may release a
    patch to stop it.

    Scripting may not be your only option. I remember a tool for Internet
    Explorer that updates Internet Explorer to regional settings. I am not sure
    if this will work for later version of IE.

    HTH MikeL

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZUw=?=, Nov 19, 2004
  7. Hi,

    No, there is no way you can do this. It would totally negate security.
    Talk to your IT department, if they are running a Windows Server then they
    should have no problem setting it up so that your trusted domain is added to
    everyone's list on your network automatically the next time they reboot.
    The other way to do this is to create a program that the user downloads and
    runs. Have this program set the trusted list. Good luck! Ken.

    --
    Ken Dopierala Jr.
    For great ASP.Net web hosting try:

    Ken Dopierala Jr., Nov 20, 2004