Trusted sql connection failure

Arie

Hi all

I have a asp.net application, developed in Beta 2. It is working fine when
the project is stored in a web file system mode. I had to switch to work in a
local IIS mode, and at this mode I'm failing to connect to the database
(MSSql). This is the message in the SqlException: Login failed for user
'(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Thnx
AZ

Ken Schaefer

Is the SQL Server located on a different machine to the IIS webserver? If
so, you probably need to run ASP.NET under a domain account (or find some
other way of sending the credentials from IIS -> SQL Server). At the moment
it appears that you are running ASP.NET under a local account (either
Machine\ASPNET or NT AUTHORITY\Network Service) and local accounts can't be
assigned permissions to remote resources.

Cheers
Ken