Truth Table: Help !

Joined
Mar 3, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I have to implement a truth table (very easy...)

...but in the definition of the table there are some "don't care" bits...

Let's say for example that the table is so defined:

IN----------OUT
"000" -- "111000"
"001" -- "000111"
"010" -- "11--11"

...... and so on....

What I need is that the minimun number of output bits toggle,
so that the output for input "010" is:
"110111" when the previous input was "001" and
"111011" when the previous input was "000".

Any idea ???

Thanks in advance and regards,
Marco

Joined
Mar 10, 2008
Messages
348
Reaction score
0
This can't be done with a truth table - I would say you need a State Diagram instead.

Jeppe

Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Instead of a three-bit truth table with just the present input, how about a six-bit truth table with both the previous input and the present input?