Truth Table: Help !

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by marco.marsella, Mar 3, 2010.

  1. marco.marsella

    marco.marsella

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Hello,

    I have to implement a truth table (very easy...)

    ...but in the definition of the table there are some "don't care" bits...

    Let's say for example that the table is so defined:

    IN----------OUT
    "000" -- "111000"
    "001" -- "000111"
    "010" -- "11--11"

    ...... and so on....

    What I need is that the minimun number of output bits toggle,
    so that the output for input "010" is:
    "110111" when the previous input was "001" and
    "111011" when the previous input was "000".

    Any idea ???

    Thanks in advance and regards,
    Marco

    marco.marsella, Mar 3, 2010

  2. marco.marsella

    jeppe

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2008
    Messages:
    348
    Location:
    Denmark
    This can't be done with a truth table - I would say you need a State Diagram instead.

    Jeppe

    jeppe, Mar 3, 2010

  3. marco.marsella

    JohnDuq

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2008
    Messages:
    88
    Instead of a three-bit truth table with just the present input, how about a six-bit truth table with both the previous input and the present input?

    JohnDuq, Mar 5, 2010