try to put a question for javascript - don`t beat me

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jan Faerber, Oct 7, 2004.

  1. Jan Faerber

    Jan Faerber Guest

    When you use javascript
    you can use something like

    if (question == true) { make something }
    or better:

    for(i = 0; i < 10; i++) { ...

    With Java you can do something like

    if (question == true) {
    if (..) { .. }
    elseif (..) { .. }
    }

    or

    for(...) {
    if (..)
    ..
    }

    I get an error when I try to encapsulate some brakets {} with javascript.
    Is that so?


    --
    Jan

    http://213.47.90.11
    Jan Faerber, Oct 7, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:24:46 +0000, Jan Faerber wrote:

    > I get an error when I try to encapsulate some brakets {} with javascript.
    > Is that so?


    Huh?

    Please post the exact code that gives an error, as well as the error
    itself.

    thanks

    --
    Jeffrey D. Silverman |
    Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

    Drop "PANTS" to reply by email
    Jeffrey Silverman, Oct 7, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Jan Faerber

    Jan Faerber Guest

    Jeffrey Silverman wrote:

    > On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:24:46 +0000, Jan Faerber wrote:
    >
    >> I get an error when I try to encapsulate some brakets {} with javascript.
    >> Is that so?

    >
    > Huh?
    >
    > Please post the exact code that gives an error, as well as the error
    > itself.
    >
    > thanks
    >


    My main problem was the 'elseif' ... It has to be an 'else if'.
    But anyway - http://213.47.90.11/alt.html/code2.html - I can view it with
    Konqueror up to 'h < 8' but not with Mozilla.

    I got a tip now - check the type and the language attributes.
    What is correct?
    language="javascript1.1" type="text/javascript" ?

    so -- now I did a restart. My browser had a hang up.
    It works now.
    Thank you very much Jeff!



    --
    Jan

    http://213.47.90.11
    Jan Faerber, Oct 10, 2004
    #3
  4. On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 14:30:57 GMT, Jan Faerber <> wrote:

    [snip]

    > I got a tip now - check the type and the language attributes.
    > What is correct?
    > language="javascript1.1" type="text/javascript" ?


    <script type="text/javscript">

    Don't use the language attribute. Not only is it deprecated, but
    specifying a version is unnecessary and can result in unexpected behaviour.

    [snip]

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter
    Replace ".invalid" with ".uk" to reply by e-mail.
    Michael Winter, Oct 11, 2004
    #4
  5. Jan Faerber

    Jan Faerber Guest

    Michael Winter wrote:

    > <script type="text/javscript">
    >
    > Don't use the language attribute. Not only is it deprecated, but
    > specifying a version is unnecessary and can result in unexpected
    > behaviour.



    So - and why is it better to use DHTML?




    --
    Jan

    http://213.47.90.11
    Jan Faerber, Oct 11, 2004
    #5
  6. Jan Faerber

    rf Guest

    Jan Faerber wrote:

    > Michael Winter wrote:
    >
    > > <script type="text/javscript">
    > >
    > > Don't use the language attribute. Not only is it deprecated, but
    > > specifying a version is unnecessary and can result in unexpected
    > > behaviour.

    >
    >
    > So - and why is it better to use DHTML?


    Er, what?

    This whole thread makes no sense at all, especially this last post.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Oct 11, 2004
    #6
  7. Jan Faerber

    Jan Faerber Guest

    rf wrote:

    >> So - and why is it better to use DHTML?

    >
    > Er, what?
    >
    > This whole thread makes no sense at all, especially this last post.



    :)



    --
    Jan

    http://213.47.90.11
    Jan Faerber, Oct 11, 2004
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Peter
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    399
    Scott Ellsworth
    Oct 18, 2004
  2. Headless

    Re: IE6 has beat me up

    Headless, Aug 6, 2003, in forum: HTML
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    384
  3. Headless

    Re: IE6 has beat me up

    Headless, Aug 6, 2003, in forum: HTML
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    396
    Headless
    Aug 6, 2003
  4. Neil White

    Re: IE6 has beat me up

    Neil White, Aug 6, 2003, in forum: HTML
    Replies:
    23
    Views:
    763
    William Tasso
    Aug 10, 2003
  5. KiwiBrian

    Got me beat...

    KiwiBrian, Jun 3, 2005, in forum: HTML
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    525
    Adrienne
    Jun 3, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page