Trying to cancel e-mail for PasswordRecovery control

Greg

I have a PasswordRecovery control for (obviously) recovering passwords. In
the SendingMail event, I have code that checks something in the database, and
if the check fails, shows an error mesage and tries to cancel the e-mail.
This is all there is to my code:

If [my check fails] Then
lblError.Visible = True
e.Cancel = True
Exit Sub
End If

For some reason, I see my error message, but the PasswordRecovery control
now shows the message "Your password has been sent to you." instead of the
box for the user name. Why is this? Is there a way to get the control to
show the User Name box again?

Thanks,
Greg