    "undefined reference to `clock_settime'". Looking at time.h I see the
    declaration is sandwiched between:

    #ifdef __USE_POSIX199309
    #endif

    so I tried: gcc -D__USE_POSIX199309
    to no avail.

    Any suggestions?

    ---John

    PS> I don't know if this is the proper group for this posting but I had
    to start somewhere.

    , Sep 29, 2005

    What library I should be linking against? -John

    , Sep 29, 2005

  3. Flash Gordon Guest

    wrote:
    > Trying to compile using clock_settime(...) [in time.h] but get:
    > "undefined reference to `clock_settime'". Looking at time.h I see the
    > declaration is sandwiched between:
    >
    > #ifdef __USE_POSIX199309
    > #endif
    >
    > so I tried: gcc -D__USE_POSIX199309
    > to no avail.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > ---John
    >
    > PS> I don't know if this is the proper group for this posting but I had
    > to start somewhere.

    This is not the right group since we only deal with C not with system
    specific extension be they POSIX, Windows or CPM. Might I suggest
    comp.unix.programmer after reading their FAQ or possibly one of the GNU
    mailing lists?
    --
    Flash Gordon
    Living in interesting times.

    Flash Gordon, Sep 29, 2005
  4. "" <> writes:
    > Trying to compile using clock_settime(...) [in time.h] but get:
    > "undefined reference to `clock_settime'". Looking at time.h I see the
    > declaration is sandwiched between:
    >
    > #ifdef __USE_POSIX199309
    > #endif
    >
    > so I tried: gcc -D__USE_POSIX199309
    > to no avail.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > ---John
    >
    > PS> I don't know if this is the proper group for this posting but I had
    > to start somewhere.

    Try comp.unix.programmer.

    Keith Thompson, Sep 29, 2005

    > Try comp.unix.programmer.