    Event ID: 36
    Date: 15/08/2003
    Time: 4:41:05 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: BEDROOM
    The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/Root'. The error was
    'Class not registered
    '.
    For additional information specific to this message please visit the
    Microsoft Online Support site located at:

    anybody have any ideas I been playing with security with no luck.. been at
    it since 9oclock thismorning BST till 430BST.. I havent got anywhere...

    Any help or ideas would be fantastic.

    I have access to WEBSERVER Its win2k with latest updates & lockdown tools
    urlscan ectra...

    Cheers

    Dave
    David Shorthouse, Aug 15, 2003

  2. had no luck with below so have scrapped using ASP..

    Thanks

    Dave Shorthouse
    > Turn off your friendly errors in IE so you can get the line that's causing
    > the error. It'll be a line that is like:
    > Server.CreateObject("Some.Class"). Whatever that object is that you're
    > trying to create either does not exist on the server or is not registered.
    >
    > See here: http://www.aspfaq.com/2109
    >
    > Ray at work
    >
    > "David Shorthouse" <> wrote in message
    > > I am trying to create a guest book using ASP
    > >
    > > Server Application Error
    > > The server has encountered an error while loading an application during

    > the
    > > processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more

    detail

    David Shorthouse, Aug 16, 2003

  3. David Shorthouse

    Dan Brussee Guest

    And as soon as you find a problem with PHP, Dreamweaver, Frontpage or
    whatever, will you scrap that and move on to the next tool?

    <sigh>

    Dan Brussee, Aug 16, 2003