Trying to create a HTML table based on a recordset

Brent Mondoux

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get a recordset that looks like this:

SQL: SELECT Year(financial_date) AS num_financial_year, DateName(m,
financial_date) AS name_financial_month, DatePart(m, financial_date)
AS num_financial_month, amt_budget, amt_actual FROM tblFinancial WHERE
Year(financial_date) = 2004

year_no, month_name, month_num, amt_budget, amt_spent
2004, January, 1, 10000.0, 12000.0
2004, February, 2, 10000.0, 13200.0
2004, March, 3, 10000.0, 9500.0
....(etc. etc. etc.)

to look like this in a HTML table:

Month | January | February | March | ...
Budgeted | 10000 | 10000 | 10000 | ...
Actual | 12000 | 13200 | 9500 | ...

I dont know whether to use a DataList or DataGrid, regardless I'm cant
figure out how to do this. Furthermore I need to show a grid based on
a date range (e.g. June 2003 to June 2004 would create two grids; one
for 2003 and one for 2004). Anyone have any ideas? Please email me
at < (e-mail address removed) >. Thanks, I appreciate all your help.

Brent
(e-mail address removed)