trying to create a style sheet for XMI

Discussion in 'XML' started by Tom Hester, Oct 23, 2003.

  1. Tom Hester

    Tom Hester Guest

    I am attempting to create a style sheet for an XMI export created by
    MagicDraw to produce an XML input file for a repository. Everything works
    fine until I need to follow one of XMI's many idref/id links. I have
    followed many examples from texts and the web but I cannot seem to correctly
    follow the links. I either get no output or I get a blank.

    An example of one such link is to output the data type for an attribute.
    The path expression for the data type as a descendant of the attribute is:
    "/XMI/XMI.content/Model_Management.Model/Foundation.Core.Namespace.ownedElem
    ent/Model_Management.Package
    /Foundation.Core.Namespace.ownedElement/Model_Management.Package/Foundation.
    Core.Namespace.ownedElement
    /Foundation.Core.Class/Foundation.Core.Classifier.feature
    /Foundation.Core.Attribute /Foundation.Core.StructuralFeature.type
    /Foundation.Core.DataType"
    with 'xmi.idref' equal to the id of the data type. The idref points to:
    ""/XMI/XMI.content/Model_Management.Model/Foundation.Core.Namespace.ownedEle
    ment/Model_Management.Package/
    Foundation.Core.Namespace.ownedElement/Foundation.Core.DataType" where
    xmi.id contains the ref. I need to output the text value of a descendant of
    "Foundation.Core.DataType" called "Foundation.Core.ModelElement.name".

    Tom Hester, Oct 23, 2003