trying to create a style sheet for XMI

Tom Hester

I am attempting to create a style sheet for an XMI export created by
MagicDraw to produce an XML input file for a repository. Everything works
fine until I need to follow one of XMI's many idref/id links. I have
followed many examples from texts and the web but I cannot seem to correctly
follow the links. I either get no output or I get a blank.

An example of one such link is to output the data type for an attribute.
The path expression for the data type as a descendant of the attribute is:
"/XMI/XMI.content/Model_Management.Model/Foundation.Core.Namespace.ownedElem
ent/Model_Management.Package
/Foundation.Core.Namespace.ownedElement/Model_Management.Package/Foundation.
Core.Namespace.ownedElement
/Foundation.Core.Class/Foundation.Core.Classifier.feature
/Foundation.Core.Attribute /Foundation.Core.StructuralFeature.type
/Foundation.Core.DataType"
with 'xmi.idref' equal to the id of the data type. The idref points to:
""/XMI/XMI.content/Model_Management.Model/Foundation.Core.Namespace.ownedEle
ment/Model_Management.Package/
Foundation.Core.Namespace.ownedElement/Foundation.Core.DataType" where
xmi.id contains the ref. I need to output the text value of a descendant of
"Foundation.Core.DataType" called "Foundation.Core.ModelElement.name".