Trying to create a web application for wss

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by john, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. john

    john Guest

    Hello,

    I follow the sdk instructions on creating an asp.net web page for
    Windows Sharepoint Services. When I
    created the project and entered in the location:

    http://Server_Name/_layouts/Web_Application_Name

    It created the site. It didn't goto the next step which is

    Under What would you like to do?, ensure that Retry using a different file
    share path is selected and type the following path in the Location box:
    \\Server_Name\Local_Drive$\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web
    Server Extensions\60\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\Web_Application_Name

    Now the site is under wwwroot/_layouts/web_application_name and not
    \\Server_Name\Local_Drive$\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web
    Server Extensions\60\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\Web_Application_Name

    So I cannot debug the application. If I copy the code from
    wwwroot/_layouts/web_application_name to \\Server_Name\Local_Drive$\Program
    Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server
    Extensions\60\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\Web_Application_Name it will run through a
    browser but I need to be able to debug. Is there a way to fix the
    referencing for this? Thanks in advance.

    John
    john, Feb 26, 2004