Trying to create test X509 Certifcate with WSE 2.0 SP1

nid

Plain and simple, when I use the certificates that are distributed WSE 2.0
SP1 I have no problem with encryption. When I try to generated my own test
certificates I get an errror "Bad Key" which I translate to a bad certificate.

The tools:

* makecert.exe
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...l/cpgrfcertificatecreationtoolmakecertexe.asp

* cert2spc.exe

* pvkimprt.exe http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/pvkimprt.aspx

I have tried many variations. I am currently using this variation as it
includes the public/private key in the same file.

1. First, use makecert.exe to create the *.cer file and the *.pvk file
makecert -n "CN=MyCoolCert" -sv MyCoolCert.pvk MyCoolCert.cer

2. Next, use cert2spc.exe (also ships with the VS.NET SDK) to convert the
*.cer file to an *.spc file
cert2spc MyCoolCert.cer MyCoolCert.spc

3. Finally, use pvkimprt.exe to create a *.pfx file from the previously
created *.spc and *.pvk files.
pvkimprt -PFX MyCoolCert.spc MyCoolCert.pvk

I have also tried different variations of using only makecert.exe without
success. Has anyone been able to generate a test certifcate key? If so,
exactly what did you do in order to create it, install it, and where did you
install it.