Trying to find a functional language integrated with C++

Aatu Koskensilta

I recall once stumbling over a functional language that was somewhat
seamlessly integrated with C++, template system and all, and compiled,
if I recall correctly, to C++. Does anyone have any idea what it is I
might have in mind?

Aatu Koskensilta

Michael DOUBEZ said:
Perhaps FC++. It was proposed as Boost.FC++ but rejected. It
integrated some Haskell syntax into C++ (along with things like
currying ...).

Alas, no; I should have been more explicit.

FC++ is a wonderful, or horrendous, depending on your perspective,
example of template magic and the power of C++'s type system -- as are
various other functional programming libraries, such as Spirit and
some Boost libraries -- , but I had in mind a full fledged functional
programming language, not a C++ library. (Incidentally, I seem to
recall FC++'s main claim for fame was its extraordinary support for
higher-order polymorphic functions.)

Michael DOUBEZ

Aatu Koskensilta a écrit :
I recall once stumbling over a functional language that was somewhat
seamlessly integrated with C++, template system and all, and compiled,
if I recall correctly, to C++. Does anyone have any idea what it is I
might have in mind?

Perhaps FC++. It was proposed as Boost.FC++ but rejected. It integrated
some Haskell syntax into C++ (along with things like currying ...).

Google for it.

Michael

Ulf Wiger

Aatu said:
I recall once stumbling over a functional language that was somewhat
seamlessly integrated with C++, template system and all, and compiled,
if I recall correctly, to C++. Does anyone have any idea what it is I
might have in mind?

It might have been Felix.

http://felix-lang.org/

BR,
Ulf W

Alexey Romanov

Alas, no; I should have been more explicit.

FC++ is a wonderful, or horrendous, depending on your perspective,
example of template magic and the power of C++'s type system -- as are
various other functional programming libraries, such as Spirit and
some Boost libraries -- , but I had in mind a full fledged functional
programming language, not a C++ library. (Incidentally, I seem to
recall FC++'s main claim for fame was its extraordinary support for
higher-order polymorphic functions.)

Felix?
--
Alexey Romanov

londonkds: This is traditional HollywoodWorld, where "Lord" is a
title that the British Government forces horrible wankers to use
so that people will be warned.

oursin: I see - the 'Dark' is silent...

In comments from <http://londonkds.livejournal.com/173522.html>