    an article about this on MSDN, but I can't find it now...does anyone know
    about the article I'm talking about? Thanks,

    -Jim
    Jim Bancroft, Dec 30, 2004

  2. Jim Bancroft

    darrel Guest

    > I saw an article (kicks self for not bookmarking) on the web about those
    > sites that ask you to type in the text shown in a dynamically-generated

    gif
    > or bitmap, to confirm your registration. It's to keep bots and

    webcrawling
    > software from registering and using a website's services. I thought I saw
    > an article about this on MSDN, but I can't find it now...does anyone know
    > about the article I'm talking about? Thanks,

    If it helps, the 'technical' term for these things is 'catchpa'

    -Darrel
    darrel, Dec 30, 2004

  3. Jim Bancroft

    PJ Olson Guest

    Here is a nice control.

    http://codeproject.com/aspnet/CaptchaControl.asp

    PJ Olson, Dec 30, 2004
  4. Jim Bancroft

    PJ Olson Guest

    That article also has the MSDN link you were looking for:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/u...ull=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/hip_aspnet.asp

    PJ

    PJ Olson, Dec 30, 2004
  5. Jim Bancroft

    clintonG Guest

    If it helps you should spill et currectly ;-)

    Its CAPTCHA

    --
    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    METROmilwaukee "Regional Information Services"

    clintonG, Dec 31, 2004
  6. Jim Bancroft

    clintonG Guest

    A better C# implementation