Trying to install module, No module named scipy_distutils.core (but ihave scipy)

Discussion in 'Python' started by process, Oct 17, 2008.

  1. process

    process Guest

    trying to install PyKF-0.1 (Kalman Filters)
    http://pykf.sourceforge.net/

    I have Numpy, Scipy, Matplotlib installed an have successfully
    installed other packages using them.

    $ setup.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./setup.py", line 2, in <module>
    from scipy_distutils.core import setup
    ImportError: No module named scipy_distutils.core

    #!/usr/bin/env python
    from scipy_distutils.core import setup

    version = "0.1"

    setup(
    version=version,
    author="Chris Fonnesbeck",
    author_email="",
    description="Version %s of PyKF" % version,
    license="GNU GPL",
    name="PyKF",
    url="pykf.sourceforge.net",
    packages=["PyKF"],
    )

    process, Oct 17, 2008

  2. process

    Robert Kern Guest

    Re: Trying to install module, No module named scipy_distutils.core(but i have scipy)

    process wrote:
    > trying to install PyKF-0.1 (Kalman Filters)
    > http://pykf.sourceforge.net/
    >

    > I have Numpy, Scipy, Matplotlib installed an have successfully
    > installed other packages using them.
    >

    > $ setup.py
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "./setup.py", line 2, in <module>
    > from scipy_distutils.core import setup
    > ImportError: No module named scipy_distutils.core
    >

    > #!/usr/bin/env python
    > from scipy_distutils.core import setup

    scipy_distutils was from a very old version of scipy that used Numeric, not
    numpy. PyKF will have to be upgraded to use numpy. I suggest asking the author
    about it. If you are willing to take on the task of upgrading it to numpy, come
    join us on numpy-discussion, and we'll help you out.

    http://www.scipy.org/Mailing_Lists

    --
    Robert Kern

    an underlying truth."