Trying to install module, No module named scipy_distutils.core (but ihave scipy)

process

trying to install PyKF-0.1 (Kalman Filters)
http://pykf.sourceforge.net/

I have Numpy, Scipy, Matplotlib installed an have successfully
installed other packages using them.

$ setup.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./setup.py", line 2, in <module>
from scipy_distutils.core import setup
ImportError: No module named scipy_distutils.core

#!/usr/bin/env python
from scipy_distutils.core import setup

version = "0.1"

setup(
version=version,
author="Chris Fonnesbeck",
author_email="(e-mail address removed)",
description="Version %s of PyKF" % version,
license="GNU GPL",
name="PyKF",
url="pykf.sourceforge.net",
packages=["PyKF"],
)

Robert Kern

process said:
trying to install PyKF-0.1 (Kalman Filters)
http://pykf.sourceforge.net/

I have Numpy, Scipy, Matplotlib installed an have successfully
installed other packages using them.

$ setup.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./setup.py", line 2, in <module>
from scipy_distutils.core import setup
ImportError: No module named scipy_distutils.core

#!/usr/bin/env python
from scipy_distutils.core import setup

scipy_distutils was from a very old version of scipy that used Numeric, not
numpy. PyKF will have to be upgraded to use numpy. I suggest asking the author
about it. If you are willing to take on the task of upgrading it to numpy, come
join us on numpy-discussion, and we'll help you out.

http://www.scipy.org/Mailing_Lists

--
Robert Kern

an underlying truth."