trying to pass Request.QueryString as input parameter

DC Gringo

I am trying to pass an input parater to SQL Server. The parameter is a URL
querystring variable. I can't seem to get it to pass a variable, only a
literal value...

Help!

In the following example, the @archiveType parameter accepts the "all"
sample value. If I replace "all" with Request.QueryString("archiveType"),
it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

'SqlSelectCommand1
'
Me.SqlSelectCommand1.CommandText = "[myProcedure]"
Me.SqlSelectCommand1.CommandType = System.Data.CommandType.StoredProcedure
Me.SqlSelectCommand1.Connection = Me.SqlConnection1
Me.SqlSelectCommand1.Parameters.Add(New
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter("@RETURN_VALUE",
System.Data.SqlDbType.Int, 4, System.Data.ParameterDirection.ReturnValue,
False, CType(0, Byte), CType(0, Byte), "",
System.Data.DataRowVersion.Current, Nothing))
Me.SqlSelectCommand1.Parameters.Add(New
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter("@archiveType",
System.Data.SqlDbType.VarChar, 5, System.Data.ParameterDirection.Input,
False, CType(0, Byte), CType(0, Byte), "",
System.Data.DataRowVersion.Current, "all"))

---------------------------------

Here's the procedure:

CREATE PROCEDURE myProcedure

@archiveType varchar(5)

as

SELECT col1
FROM table1
WHERE col1 = @archiveType

Cor Ligthert

DC Gringo

A lot of crossposting however the right newsgroup you just missed in my
opinion.

From the dotnet groups are the SQL guys the most in this newsgroup.

Adonet

Web interface:
http://communities2.microsoft.com/c.../?dg=microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet

When I see it right you are getting this as result from what you are doing
(not really checking it complete)

select col1 from table1 where col1 = 'all'

I don't believe that this is what you want to archieve, however that you
want
select col1 from table1

However I am not a real SQL one. (Better I hate it)

Cor