Trying to send MSMQ messages from ASP.NET: "The queue does not exists or insufficient permissions...

SammyBar

Hi all,

I'm trying to send a message from ASP.NET to another PC by using MSMQ. I
created my ASP.NET project by using Visual Studio 2005 but I initially set
the project to be located on the File System. Then I could successfully
send, receive and purge the public queries I use to exchange information
with the another PC. But when I realized I can not reach the file system
created project from a third PC then I recreated the project as HTTP on
localhost. But now I cannot even send messages 'cause the exception "The
queue does not exist or you do not have sufficient permissions to perform
the operation." is thrown.
All the PCs are in the same domain. None of the PCs is a domain controller.
The ASP.NET server is trying to send messages to a public queue on the
"Second PC" and also tryes to purge another public queue on the same ASP.NET
computer.
It is not because "the queue does not exists" because they are the same
queues I tested in the "FileSystem" mode. I guess it is a user right
problem. The public queue in the "Second PC" where I'm trying to send
messages has rights for Everyone to send messages. I gave the public queues
in ASP.NET PC full control to Everyone but still the problem continues. I
added IUSR_... and IWAM_... accounts to the local administrator group and
the same...
What is the correct configuration to get MSMQ to work from ASP.NET?

Thanks in advance
Any hint is welcomed

Sammy

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

asp.net has to run your ap as a domain user with access to the queue.
with2003 use an app pool, if 200, set in web config.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

sloan

Go to Manage Computer.
Find the MSMQ section.

Find your queue (private or public)

Right click it, properties.

Find the security tab.

There are several flavors of rights. Receive, Exists, stuff like that.
I think you aleady know this, but I'm mentioning it just in case.

ASPNET is the account which asp.net runs under. I think you're in the right
ball park, but IUSR_ and IWAM_ aren't the exact account(s) you need.

Joined
Oct 18, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
For those experiencing trouble with the error "The queue does not exist or you do not have sufficient permissions to perform the operation."

You need to create a queue under Control Panel > Computer Management > Services and Applications > Message Queuing > Private Queues.

The sample application uses private$\MSMQOrders
(In other words, create a queue in Private Queues called "MSMQOrders")

Hope this helps!