Trying to solve a python/mechanize "error 500" http error

Discussion in 'Python' started by bruce, Jul 21, 2008.

  1. bruce

    bruce Guest

    i'm getting the following error:
    mechanize._response.httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 500:

    i'm running python 5.1
    and mechanize 0.1.7b

    I have no idea as to what I have to change/modify/include to handle this
    issue. The link that I'm testing is at the bottom of the page. When I insert
    the link into the browser, I actually get an err page.. so, I suspect that
    there is a handler that I should be able to modify/use to handle this
    situation...

    Thoughts/Comments will be greatly appreciated...

    Thanks

    the output is:

    www = www.1800ink.com
    url2= http://www.quantcast.com/www.1800ink.com/traffic
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./reseller_scrape_child.py", line 288, in <module>
    q1 = shopfuncs.quant(rhref)
    File "/adkiller/shopfuncs.py", line 56, in quant
    br.open(url2)
    File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 203, in
    open
    File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 254, in
    _mech_open
    mechanize._response.httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 500:
    [root@toshiba adkiller]# ./reseller_scrape_child.py

    my code segment looks like:
    ====================================
    from mechanize import Browser
    import mechanize
    br = Browser()
    user_agent = 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT)'
    values1 = {'name' : 'Michael Foord',
    'location' : 'Northampton',
    'language' : 'Python' }
    headers = { 'User-Agent' : user_agent }

    #br.set_cookiejar(cj)
    br.set_handle_redirect(True)
    br.set_handle_referer(True)
    br.set_handle_robots(False)
    br.addheaders = [('User-Agent', 'Firefox')]

    url2 ="http://www.quantcast.com/xxxx/traffic"
    #gets the page (url) from the quantcast app
    url2=url2.replace("xxxx",url)
    print "url2=",url2
    br.open(url2)

    this works ok for most of the sites.. but something weird is happening with
    the actual page:
    http://www.quantcast.com/www.1800ink.com/traffic

    thanks...
    bruce, Jul 21, 2008