Trying to solve a python/mechanize "error 500" http error

bruce

i'm getting the following error:
mechanize._response.httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 500:

i'm running python 5.1
and mechanize 0.1.7b

I have no idea as to what I have to change/modify/include to handle this
issue. The link that I'm testing is at the bottom of the page. When I insert
the link into the browser, I actually get an err page.. so, I suspect that
there is a handler that I should be able to modify/use to handle this
situation...

Thoughts/Comments will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

the output is:

www = www.1800ink.com
url2= http://www.quantcast.com/www.1800ink.com/traffic
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./reseller_scrape_child.py", line 288, in <module>
q1 = shopfuncs.quant(rhref)
File "/adkiller/shopfuncs.py", line 56, in quant
br.open(url2)
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 203, in
open
File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 254, in
_mech_open
mechanize._response.httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 500:
[root@toshiba adkiller]# ./reseller_scrape_child.py

my code segment looks like:
====================================
from mechanize import Browser
import mechanize
br = Browser()
user_agent = 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT)'
values1 = {'name' : 'Michael Foord',
'location' : 'Northampton',
'language' : 'Python' }
headers = { 'User-Agent' : user_agent }

#br.set_cookiejar(cj)
br.set_handle_redirect(True)
br.set_handle_referer(True)
br.set_handle_robots(False)
br.addheaders = [('User-Agent', 'Firefox')]

url2 ="http://www.quantcast.com/xxxx/traffic"
#gets the page (url) from the quantcast app
url2=url2.replace("xxxx",url)
print "url2=",url2
br.open(url2)

this works ok for most of the sites.. but something weird is happening with
the actual page:
http://www.quantcast.com/www.1800ink.com/traffic

thanks...