Trying to squeeze a variable in here => ...

jackster the jackle

Hi Ruby...

I have an SNMP command that I'm using which works fine in my script:

There is a static portion that needs to be changed so I can feed in the
variable and it's a bit tricky. I have tried every combination of " "
and ' ' that I can think of and nothing works.
Here is the line of code that works:

response = m.get (["ifInOctets.1"])

The number "1" in the above piece of code needs to be changed to a
variable.

Any ideas on how to squeeze a variable in there?

thanks

jackster.mobi

Stefano Crocco

Alle venerd=C3=AC 11 gennaio 2008, jackster the jackle ha scritto:
Hi Ruby...

I have an SNMP command that I'm using which works fine in my script:

There is a static portion that needs to be changed so I can feed in the
variable and it's a bit tricky. I have tried every combination of " "
and ' ' that I can think of and nothing works.
Here is the line of code that works:

response =3D m.get (["ifInOctets.1"])

The number "1" in the above piece of code needs to be changed to a
variable.

Any ideas on how to squeeze a variable in there?

thanks

jackster.mobi

Use string interpolation:

response =3D m.get(["ifInOctets.#{number}])

Stefano

jackster the jackle

Stefano said:
Alle venerdì 11 gennaio 2008, jackster the jackle ha scritto:
The number "1" in the above piece of code needs to be changed to a
variable.

Any ideas on how to squeeze a variable in there?

thanks

jackster.mobi

Use string interpolation:

response = m.get(["ifInOctets.#{number}])

Stefano

that did the trick...thanks alot for the help on that Stefano

jackster.mobi