Trying to understand character arrays.

jaysome

Anders said:
At 132 charaters a side by side diff is 265 charaters wide at least.
There are few screens that can display that is a resonabe font. Also
that long lines are hard to compare and see what charater differs. 80
and 160 wide screens works, but already three it stats to get harder
to read and work efficently.

A good diff program like Beyond Compare will let you scroll long lines.
But who said anything about doing diffs on Usenet posts?
If the magicasl number is 72, 65, 80 or 95 i can't say. 132 is to
much, i think 60 is to little. Sometimes i run uptowards 130 but those
lines always comes back hunting me later when that don't work.

I think you're right. Somewhere in between 72 and 132 would work for me.